Twiflex manufactures a range of torsionally flexible, rubber element couplings for a range of duties. Sometimes combined with a brake disc, they are a critical interface between components of a transmission system. Twiflex engineers are available to discuss, analyse and advise on coupling suitability for any application, and provide the technical support needed.
Perfect for engine drives because:
- Engine starts and idle free of load
- Serves as automatic throttle controlled clutch
- Eliminates shock loads.
- Prevents engine stall under sudden overload
- Prevents engine reverse swing when coming to rest
- Limits vibratory torques to safe level
- Combines advantages of an efficient flexible coupling.
- 100% efficiency saves fuel.
- Long trouble-free life with no routine maintenance.
Perfect for electric
motor drives because:
Motor is started under no load.
Uses peak motor torque to start heavy inertia machinery.
Loads are smoothly accelerated giving soft start.
Reduces shock on shafts and gearing
Gives protection against momentary overloads.
100% efficient power transmission.
Serves as an efficient flexible coupling.
Automatic action, ideal for dual/stand-by drives.
Saves energy therefore saves costs..