The Twiflex MR series of disc brake calipers is suitable for use with discs of 12.7mm or 25.4mm thick. Minimum disc diameter is 250mm. Minimum disc diameter for the MR2 is 460mm.
Normally one or two calipers are used per disc, but the number may be increased depending on disc size. The brakes may be positioned at any angle around the periphery of the disc, but should ideally be mounted horizontally (i.e. at the 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock position). If the caliper mounting angle is greater than 10° from the horizontal, or on vertical shaft applications, it should be fitted with an equalising link. A range of brake discs is available from Twiflex (see Disc and Hub Assemblies).
For pneumatic operation use dry, filtered and non-lubricated compressed air. Pneumatic brakes require a control valve, operated either manually or by pneumatic or electrical signal.
The ratings shown on the graphs are based on fully bedded in and conditioned brake pads with a nominal friction coefficient μ = 0.4. Twiflex disc brakes must be used with Twiflex asbestos free brake pads.
Effective disc radius = actual radius (m) – 0.03m.
(Effective disc radius = actual radius (ft) – 0.09 ft)
- Twiflex Line Card
- DS2001 - MRA Disc Brake Caliper
- DS2002 - MRB Disc Brake Caliper
- DS2003 - MRD Disc Brake Caliper
- DS2004 - MRE Disc Brake Caliper
- DS2005 - MRG Disc Brake Caliper
- DS2006 - MRH Disc Brake Caliper
- DS2009 - MRW Disc Brake Caliper
- DS2000 - MR Disc Brake Caliper
- P-1648-TF - Industrial Disc Brakes Catalog